Please read full post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/260081431511813/ (Last Update: 4/15/2020)
PRACTICAL CORONAVIRUS BIOHACKING POST
1) THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING ANY OF THIS
2) I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO BUY ANY OF THIS (NOR DO I MAKE ANY MONEY FROM IT). I’M SIMPLY SHARING WHAT I LEARNED AS THATS WHAT THIS GROUP IS ABOUT 🙌.
3) IT IS OBVIOUS THAT QUARANTINE AND SOCIAL ISOLATION IS CRITICAL TO STOP EXPONENTIAL INFECTION AMONGST THE POPULATION , ALTHOUGH IT IS SEEMS LIKELY THAT IT WILL SLOW DOWN, RATHER THAN STOP, THE SPREAD OF COVID19.
UPDATE: I am constantly updating this post thanks to the outpouring of information and feedback I am receiving. Will continue to edit as I get more information. COVID 19 TESTING UPDATE: A member of this group, my old housemate and Founder of Hudson Wellness (New York), Jonathann Kuo MD has a limited supply of at home testing kits for COVID-19 for US residents. It’s supposed to be only for patients of Hudson Medical but for members of this group, you can order the kit online at HudsonMedical.com/COVID19 with the referral code “hudsonpatient”. The kit has instructions on mailing back to him. His doctors run the test in the lab and results typically come in 48 hours. I believe he can ship around the USA.
Over the past few weeks, I have researched, consulted and combined advice from researchers and biohackers on the proper response to coronavirus symptoms. It appears that there are now articles confirming the effectiveness of certain parts of the protocol in being anti viral. I separated the protocol into: (P1) pre corona exposure, (P2) post diagnosis and included references to some articles below too. You should definitely call your doctor if you want to do any of this stuff! This is not medical advice! And very open to discussion and amendments on the below. PHASE 1: PRE CORONA EXPOSURE –
- Vitamin C – the Liposomal version is great (https://www.livonlabs.com/products/vitamin-c/ – 1 sachet per day) but any Vitamin C should do. Buffered Ascorbic Acid Capsules (90 capsules) – https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Buffered-Sensitive-Individuals/dp/B07FYVWLXC – 1 pill per day, would probably be preferred to regular vitamin C too to decrease sensitivity.
- Vitamin D – 5000UI daily. You may want to take this with Vitamin K (there are brands which have both). K2 generally helps with bone integration of D.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine – https://www.douglaslabs.com/n-acetyl-l-cysteine-500-mg.html – 500mg per day. Morning. @credit Ozwellness
The above is somewhat baseline. For a more aggressive prevention, consider:
- Quercetin – between 500 to 1000mg per day – ideally take 3 times per day (morning, lunch, evening – so perhaps 300mg every serving). Why? In summary, zinc prevents the virus from replicating. However, zinc is a positively charged ion and has trouble getting into our cells. Chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine is a “zinc ionophore”– it opens a gate to let zinc into the cell. Zinc then shuts down the virus. A few supplements are ALSO zinc ionophores: especially Quercetin and EGCG, which is in Green Tea extract (see papers here – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/db5ve1bt9hh0dxi/AAATl_3s_RbdFooZJd9gkdPTa?dl=0). In addition, Oak Ridge National Laboratory put out a paper in February that is very interesting. They basically said “Instead of looking for a new treatment for COVID, why don’t we see if any of the thousands of compounds we already have available to us might work?” They turned on their supercomputer and asked it to evaluate 57,000 compounds. It came back with 47 that might inhibit the virus’ binding site, of which 21 are known to be safe. I attach this in the link above too, in paper 3, Table 3. Right near the top of the list is Quercetin. So Quercetin is a double-winner – it may inhibit the binding of the virus, and it may shuttle zinc into the cell. Credit TriBeca Wellness and Dave Asprey
- Zinc 30mg, twice per day. Ideally zinc acetate or gluconate lozenges with minimal excipients and flavorings to provide 18-25mg of ionized zinc taken every 4 hours. Technically with that much zinc you should take roughly 1.5-3mg copper per day (1mg per 15mg zinc or 1mg per 30mg zinc) because zinc depleted copper. Probably important if you’re only taking the zinc for only a month or two. Credit TriBeca Wellness
- Green Tea extract (EGCG 250mg) twice a day. This is because Green Tea is ALSO a zinc ionophore –https://www.dropbox.com/sh/db5ve1bt9hh0dxi/AAATl_3s_RbdFooZJd9gkdPTa?dl=0. Credit TriBeca Wellness
- 1,000 mg Longvida Curcumin (or any other Curcumin)
- Lactoferrin as per https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6357187/
- Thymus NF by Douglas Laboratories (https://www.douglaslabs.com/xtra-cell-reg-thymus-nf.html) (30ml) – 1 spray aimed at the back of your throat. Credit Ozwellness
If you are in NY or LA, I would suggest using a Novothor machine for general health. See locations at https://www.novothor.com/. It’s seriously amazing.
PHASE 2: POST CORONAVIRUS DIAGNOSIS / SYMPTOMS -Note 1 – I have broken up the below into prescription and non-prescription treatments. Please seek medical advice before taking any of this stuff. You’ll probably need a doctor to get the prescription stuff anyway. The science is still unproven but there are some promising signs. Note 2 – anecdotally, I have had a few doctors and friends who tell me that often its after 10 days of symptoms that the sickness can intensify and have serious effects. So if you get it, stay vigilant. I had at least one acquaintance pass away after 10 days. She was not on any of the below treatments of supplements from my knowledge.PRESCRIPTION:Note that there are no double blind studies of any of the prescription drugs being touted as potential treatments. A lot is anecdotal. Unfortunately, we are too early on in the game to have 100% reliable data.1) Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and Azithromycin in accordance with research and dosage in this document – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ka76CL50hR_a0b5oIhEAVY4gfyqkJcBxXBcP0r2nrz0/mobilebasic.
If you are going to proceed with this treatment, I would also consider that https://www.alivecor.com/kardiamobile6l? can be used to screen for the 2% of the population that has QT prolongation and are at a higher risk of problematic arrhythmia from this combination.Note – TriBeca Wellness doctor Josh Trutt MD has also suggested that Doxycycline might work better in place of Azithromycin, because:
- They are equally effective against atypical pneumonia
- Doxycycline is not associated with QT prolongation (unlike azithromycin) and
- Doxycycline is ALSO a zinc ionophore.
2) Remdesivir. This drug has been utilized under “compassionate use” at hospitals. See: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007016 and nytimes.com/2020/04/09/health/coronavirus-remdesivir-kalil.html
NON PRESCRIPTION (AVAILABLE AT AMAZON, VITAMIN SHOPS ETC):1) Quercetin, Zinc and Green Tea combination described further above. Credit TriBeca Wellness.2) Vitamin C (IV would probably be good, but oral is OK too) – 1000mg per day. There is some evidence of this from – https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04264533 and http://orthomolecular.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=0a09c8844ba8f0936c20bd791130d6b6.148. Thanks to TriBeca Wellness for this tip. Note that in large quantities where you do not have access to the vitamin C IV version, Buffered Abscorbic Acid Capsules (90 capsules) – https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Buffered-Sensitive-Individuals/dp/B07FYVWLXC (2 pills per day – spread out through the day. Go to 1 pill a day when you feel better.) is preferred to reduce the acidity and stomach discomfort. Tip by Ozwellness. Note that the IV version would allow you to do between 5000mg to 20000mg at one time although I don’t believe there are studies on the effectiveness of that dose on COVID19. https://www.onestopregeneration.com/ can do this for you in NYC. Don’t know about other places!3) Aspirin, as apparently there are lots of people with pulmonary embolism. Credit Patrick Kavanagh MD.4) Thymoisin Alpha 1 – https://www.peptidesciences.com/thymosin-alpha-1-10mg – 3cc, 3 times a day in a subdermal injection or put underneath your tongue. Recommended by Osvaldo Garcia at OzwellnessOTHER NON INGESTIBLE ACTIONS:1) Prone positioning – this is basically lying on stomach and pillow under chest and pelvis. Credit Patrick Kavanagh MD and https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/coronavirus-prone-positioning/index.html2) Salt Water Gargle or ‘Viral Flu Gargle’ – 60ml (2 or 3 ounces) Hydrogen Peroxide + 1 teaspoon baking soda + 1/2 tsp seasalt + 120ml (4ounces) of water. Gargle for 2-3 minutes. 2 minutes in the morning, lunch and dinner. Cease taking when you feel better – do not do over long periods. Can also substitute with just salt. Credit Ozwellness3) Monitor pulse oxygen using this device or another like it – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2FFQB9/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_1XFDEbEVMKV11?fbclid=IwAR039GnLdffyVctj7bIOj580h4u6IYad5OZPpIhOL8PcR_hmt958LlJEFs8. If it starts getting low, GO TO THE ICU.OTHER SUGGESTED MODALITIES (WHICH WERE SUGGESTED BY PROFESSIONALS SOME OF WHICH I HAVE NOT EXPLORED)
- Oregano Oil (https://www.naturesway.com/Product-Catalog/Oregano-Oil-60-Liquid-Vcaps?) – two capsules at once. Cease taking when you feel better – do not do over long periods.
- Thymus NF by Douglas Laboratories (https://www.douglaslabs.com/xtra-cell-reg-thymus-nf.html) (30ml) – two sprays twice per day at the back of throat. Go to 1 spray a day once you feel better.
- Selank – 2cc twice a day (under tongue or subdermal). See article in dropbox file below. Also recommended by a few biohacking friends.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine – https://www.douglaslabs.com/n-acetyl-l-cysteine-500-mg.html – N-acetyl cysteine 400 mg. 3 times per day. Go to 500mg per day when you feel better. See – https://twitter.com/ElieBalesh/status/1247380792445227008?s=20
- Twice daily LL-37
- Daily pentosan
- Daily tadalafil 5mg
- Daily montelukast
- Daily liposomal glutathione
- Pantathine – 2 at dinner
Credit to Dan Stickler MD for a bunch of this https://neurohacker.com/people/daniel-stickler-md. Again, I haven’t personally explored these and even if I did, I am not qualified.OTHER INTERESTING THERAPIES
- Actemra – https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/experimental-drug-helped-critically-ill-emergency-room-doctor-recover-from-covid-19 and https://www.businessinsider.com/roche-actemra-coronavirus-trial-begins-enrolling-covid19-patients-2020-4
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) for the potential clinical treatment of patients suffering from secondary issues related to the coronavirus – https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/03/17/2002055/0/en/Predictive-Technology-Group-Addresses-Use-of-Mesenchymal-Stem-Cells-in-Treatment-of-Secondary-Issues-Related-to-Coronavirus.html
- Under https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/investigational-new-drug-ind-or-device-exemption-ide-process-cber/recommendations-investigational-covid-19-convalescent-plasma, the emergency protocols approved by the FDA, doctors can request permission to treat critically ill COVID-19 patients on a case-by-case basis. The FDA will respond to most requests within four to eight hours, the agency said. For patients who require treatment faster, doctors can call the FDA’s Office of Emergency Operations to get approval over the phone. The plasma will then be transfused to seriously ill patients — this process was used “successfully in China, according to a state-owned organization, which reported that some patients improved within 24 hours, with reduced inflammation and viral loads, and better oxygen levels in the blood,” Mount Sinai noted on its website. Borissa Stein has kindly said to reach out to her if a donation is needed.
BACK UP ARTICLES / MORE READING
- Utilizing Hydroxychloroquine combined with Azithromycin –https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq2lff441flyujt/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf?dl=0
- The zinc and chloroquine component are discussed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M&fbclid=IwAR1QpuVkju7jZHHLAJunTi17Q0MUTXT5D0fdEVeJFqhEbwLctuHi5YaLSY4
- https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/australian-researchers-claim-to-have-found-two-drugs-to-fight-coronavirus/articleshow/74660999.cms. Note that the HIV drug has since been shown to be ineffective. See below.
- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8115879/COVID-19-Australian-researchers-CURE-coronavirus.html. Note that the HIV drug has since been shown to be ineffective. See below.
- https://twitter.com/davidasinclair/status/1238972083864027137?s=20. Note that the HIV drug has since been shown to be ineffective. A Trial of Lopinavir–Ritonavir in Adults Hospitalized with Severe Covid-19, Bin Cao, M.D., Yeming Wang, M.D., Danning Wen, M.D., Wen Liu, M.S., et al. March 18, 2020. https://lnkd.in/gwrkGMs. In hospitalized adult patients with severe Covid-19, no benefit was observed with lopinavir–ritonavir treatment beyond standard care. 199 patients – drugs versus placebo. ‘HIV drug combo fails as treatment for severe COVID-19 in China study’ — https://lnkd.in/grgefNw
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqgGwT6bw0&feature=youtu.be. Dr. Seheult says that vitamin D affects how our bodies deal with Coronavirus. He says that a recent study meta analysis indicates that D helps the body fight acute respiratory infection. Listen from 2:00. Says that R0 is reduced. Says to take a small supplement if D every day prior to getting Coronavirus.
- Selank study – https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakvei55jrosy3z/Copy%20of%20Antiviral%20properties%20of%20structural%20fragments%20of%20the%20peptide%20Selank%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0
OTHER GOOD RESOURCES
- First Hand Account of getting the Corona Virus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9oqvJ3iXGI&feature=share
- A holistic / integrative medicine approach – https://www.resourcemedicalcenter.com/post/how-not-to-go-viral-an-integrative-medicine-approach. I have no idea how accurate this is and am not endorsing it at all. Was just an interesting link sent to me that might resonate with some of you.
- NYC doctors and medical practitioners I trust –
- Peter Attia Podcast on COVID-19: https://peterattiamd.com/peterhotez/
THINGS TO BEWARE OF
- Ibuprofen – https://www.sciencealert.com/who-recommends-to-avoid-taking-ibuprofen-for-covid-19-symptoms. Take Tylenol instead.
- Lopinavir–Ritonavir – there is now evidence that the HIV drug combo is ineffective. A Trial of Lopinavir–Ritonavir in Adults Hospitalized with Severe Covid-19 (Bin Cao, M.D., Yeming Wang, M.D., Danning Wen, M.D., Wen Liu, M.S., et al. March 18, 2020) – https://lnkd.in/gwrkGMs. In hospitalized adult patients with severe Covid-19, no benefit was observed with lopinavir–ritonavir treatment beyond standard care. 199 patients – drugs versus placebo. Google Scholar search of all papers on COVID-19 and those citing lopinavir–ritonavir. — https://lnkd.in/gT9Ct5T ; https://lnkd.in/g7w4UxV. ‘Covid-19 — The Search for Effective Therapy’ — https://lnkd.in/gK3UtWV.
I hope this was helpful, interesting and/or spurs some discussion. Happy to make amendments in response to any comments.REMINDER: I’m not in medicine and am just conveying what I have researched. I trust the people who I consulted. Take it for what it may be worth to you. There is a lot more I do not know than I do know. I am not an expert by any means. This is not medical advice.CREDIT FOR INFORMATION SHARING AND EDITING: Nino Privè, Dave Asprey, Osvaldo Garcia, Dan Stickler, Josh Truitt, Tim Mullen, Daniel Schmachtenberger, Alex Godwin, Paul Bugeja, Kyle Armour, Leon Apel, TriBeca Wellness, Avery J. Knapp Jr. and many others.P.s. Definitely get a lot of sleep too. That can’t be replaced. Give your body enough rest to fight the virus. There is a great thread on sleep somewhere in this biohacking group.